Friday, October 9, 2009

I don't want to make a big deal out of this...


As I sip this effeminate energy drink, I realize how awesome my joke in class was. Thats right motherfuckers, nothing is funnier than comparing the cap and trade system to seminar discussion rules.

I know that I should make some statement about Obama winning the Nobel Prize. Honestly, I think the main thing I am getting out of it is just seeing conservatives' heads explode, but besides that, I'm currently indifferent.

I did notice that Twitter kind of exploded during the announcement. It actually was the first bit of news I ever heard about through Twitter. This is supposed to confound me. It didn't.

The best tweet, at least from what I saw was from the ever awesome Eugene Mirman:

Congratulations Mr. Obama! You won fair and square, even though I’ve been texting Hamas & Isreal requesting peace for weeks.

Also, Jesse Thorn had some pretty good ones too:

Without the new diplomatic tone set by Pres. Obama, my wife and I would never have reached our historic new-apartment closet-sharing accord.


But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment